Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.02.2007 23:15:17
Request: Mail, RSS, Clock and more...
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi. I love Remote Buddy! I find it a beautiful software. I've crated some script (for multi-alarm, Transmission...) but i "need" some new integrated behaviours. For example:

1 Mail: show a list of new message, with Subject, Sender etc. and give the possibility to open and read it.

2 RSS: a simple RSS news reader, that shows the title of new feeds and open them in a browser. At this time i use Google Reader and i make an action script that I use in the Camino behaviour, but it is so ugly... 
I know there is NetNewsWire support, but i want something integrated

3 Clock: this is very simple. Just display the time. Now i'm working on an AppleScript to "say" the time, but i prefer a display output

4 Media Library: an option to choose a location for the movie folder, that appears under the VLC menu.

5 Multiple selection for file: think that i want to open many immages with Preview and show them in a fullscreen presentation... how i can do this? I can't select multiple file!

6 iCal: show the month/week/day event

thanks for your time

Sebastian

Last edited: 19.02.2007 23:21:03 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

21.02.2007 19:53:02
Re: Request: Mail, RSS, Clock and more...
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Sebastian,

thanks for all the suggestions!

1-4 are already on the ToDo-list.

5 is a very interesting one, but it'll not be too easy to provide an 
interface for this as key combinations are usually not supported by 
remote controls.

Best regards, 
Felix