Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

30.03.2007 16:17:15
Quicktime volume on Keyspan remote?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm looking for a way to control Quicktime volume (not system volume) from my Keyspan UIA-11 remote.

In the RemoteBuddy preferences, under the Quicktime behavior -- I don't see any way to modify the down/right/left buttons on the lower right of the remote.

It seems the only way to change these button behaviors is through the "Hardware" preferences screen. For example, I'd like to assign the "Minus/Down" button to the "decrease quicktime volume" behavior, but I'm not given this option. (I only see options for Accessibility, Audio CD/DVD, Expose, FrontRow, iTunes, MediaCentral, Snapz ProX, Virtual Cursor Keys, Virtual Mouse, and Miscellaneous.)

Anyone know how to assign the up/down buttons on this remote to application-specific (ie. Quicktime) volume? Thanks!

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

30.03.2007 17:03:11
Re: Quicktime volume on Keyspan remote?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Okay, I now understand why certain buttons aren't available in the remote button mapping preference pane...

If they've been assigned a GLOBAL function (under the Hardware section of the preferences), then they disappear from the MAPPING choices.

Eureka! I understand it, and I like it.