Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

02.04.2007 08:46:24
Disable Remote Buddy for specific apps (MythTV)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Is it possible to have Remote Buddy disable itself when a specific application is in the foreground, and then re-enable itself when that application is no longer in the foreground?

I have an application, MythFrontend which is not a standard Mac OS application, but rather a port of a Unix code in a Mac OS X wrapper. This application somehow has support built-in for the Apple Remote for all buttons (including the menu button -- both single press and holding it). I would like to use Remote Buddy for all other applications, but allow MythFrontend complete control of the remote when it's running.

Is this possible at all? I tried building custom behaviors, but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

02.04.2007 23:24:01
Re: Disable Remote Buddy for specific apps (MythTV)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Brian,

thanks for asking.

It is in fact currently not possible to control the status of the 
respective remotes and receivers in Remote Buddy via AppleScript. 
There'll be some news of interest to you in RC2, though.

Best regards, 
Felix