Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.04.2007 15:15:23
More issues with RC2
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
First off I want to say thank you for all of your hard work on this project. I really appreciate your efforts. I registered RB yesterday, even though I previously stated I was going to wait until you added HID support :) I feel that your efforts on this release deserve some compensation.

Now for the stuff you don't want to hear:

1. When I install the kernel extension my Apple remote stops working outside of Remote Buddy. So, if I quit Remote Buddy, my Apple remote does nothing. When I uninstall the kernel extension everything goes back to normal and the remote works again. I'm not sure if this is supposed to act this way since I didn't see it anywhere in the kernel explanation.

2. The default Applications menu item does nothing. When I select it, Remote Buddy acts as if there are no applications. If I browse through the file system all of my Applications show up fine... just not through the Application shortcut menu provided by Remote Buddy's default setup.

3. I can't add any external applications or folders to the Menu builder. Whenever I drag and drop anything (apps, folders) Remote Buddy pops up an error about the "image format" not being the right type.

4. Sizing the menu to anything lower than "normal" causes file system icons to be cropped/clipped out of full view.

I have a 1.6GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini running OS X 10.4.9. I have the XBOX 360 controller driver installed, Connect360, Uno, and Quicksilver running. Hope this helps.

Last edited: 25.04.2007 20:34:31 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

26.04.2007 02:07:02
Re: More issues with RC2
View

Hello Craig,

thanks a lot for your posting.

And, even though it may sound odd, I'm interested in bug reports just 
alike ;-)

1. + 4. Fixed in the just released revision (available through the 
online update).

2. + 3. These sound like errors in configuration.

2.) Please make sure you actually use the intelligent folder and not 
a regular folder in your menu configuration.

3.) It's a small but fine difference in OS X whether you drop 
something on an entry or below an entry. Dropping something on an 
entry here will use almost any artwork for the folder that you can 
throw at it. Dropping something below (so you see just a line below 
the folder's entry, but still indented) the folder's entry will add 
it to the folder.

Hope that helps.

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

27.04.2007 17:18:17
Re: More issues with RC2
View

Cool... the preview 15 seems to have fixed #1 and #4!

2. The applications menu issue is confusing to me. What is supposed to appear when you select that menu item? I did some messing around in the preferences and noticed I have almost all of the behaviors turned off. I turned the iPhoto one back on and now that app appears in the Applications menu. But, only that app appears... nothing else. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

3. After I added a folder with the little + button in the menu creator I was then able to drag my folders into the editor. I guess it must have been user error on my part. Sorry for the false error report. 

User

28.04.2007 14:32:02
Re: Re: More issues with RC2
View

Hello Craig,

thanks for following up.

Regarding 2) 
Yes, that's the way it is supposed to work. Deactivated Behaviours do 
not appear in the menu and are not used by Remote Buddy. They're all 
turned on by default, though.

Best regards, 
Felix