Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.06.2007 03:35:56
2 Errors in log
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Felix,

I think Remote Buddy is a great app, and have been exploring it for a few days now. I've noticed two errors in my console.log and system.log when I'm using the app, however.

The errors are: "May 30 23:11:12 Computer Remote Buddy: CGGStackRestore: gstack underflow." and "May 30 23:17:18 Computer Remote Buddy: doClip: empty path."

The "gstack underflow" seems to appear randomly when I sometimes bring up the Remote Buddy window.

The "doClip: empty path" appears about 30 times every second as I move about the iTunes Music Browser after going into any of the categories except Playlist. After doing this, "doClip: empty path" also appears about 15 times in the logs every time I switch between apps with Behaviours.

Neither of these seem to do anything besides fill up my console.log and system.log very quickly. This is a decent annoyance as I'm basically planning to use Remote Buddy with a Wiimote to control my Mac as an iTunes media center on my HDTV.

My system set-ups: Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz, 3GB RAM, ATI X850XT with 2 displays, OS X 10.4.9, iTunes 7.2, Remote Buddy 1.0(Preview 15)RC2, Kensington USB Bluetooth 2.0+EDR dongle in an USB 2.0 hub, Wiimote

MacBook Core Duo 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.4.9, iTunes 7.1, Remote Buddy 1.0(Preview 15)RC2, built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Wiimote

If you need more info, I'll be happy to help and thanks again for the great app! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

01.06.2007 19:07:01
Re: 2 Errors in log
View

Hello Michael,

thanks for the info.

While I know of the gstack underflow for some time now - and that it 
is usually also caused if more than one CGContextRestoreGState() is 
called per CGContextSaveGState(), I've been unable to find any 
unbalanced CGContextSaveGState() / CGContextRestoreGState() calls in 
my code, leaving me with the conclusion that this thing must be 
happening somewhere in Apple's code. It's absolutely harmless, though.

The doClip message was a bug where Remote Buddy called 
CGContextClipToPath() twice in a row - I've fixed that and it should 
no longer occur with the next version.

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

03.06.2007 11:16:57
Re: 2 Errors in log
View

Great news, thanks!