Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.06.2007 23:33:44
Sensorbar
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi!

I just wanted to share this information.

I really like the Wii Remote feature of Remote Buddy and hope, the developers also include other features of it like acceleration, speaker, rumble etc...

But the option to run it with candles does not work very well, so I wanted to build a Wii Sensor Bar myself like many of you too, I guess.

I just ordered a regular one direct from Nintendo (Germany). They were very helpful and this thing costs only 8€. !!! 
Just cut the wire and hook on a 7,5V power adapter (unlike many posts declare it is 12V, this is not true - the output of the Wii is 12V, but when you plug the bar in, it goes down to 7,5V).

Works great and DIY variation would even be more expensive.

Greetings, 
eike 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

03.06.2007 09:28:50
Re: Sensorbar
View

I wouldn't say more expensive (my ir leds were 30p each or so), but definitely more attractive.

I would want the sensor bar powered off of usb, so I suppose you could take apart the nintendo one and swap out the resistors to adjust. 

User

06.06.2007 19:23:47
Re: Sensorbar
View

I would be very grateful if either of you could post a DIY for the sensor bar! Thanks!!!