Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.08.2007 19:16:28
SlingPlayer 1.0.3.201
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi, I just downloaded the Remote Buddy trial version to use with SlingPlayer, but haven't been able to get it working. None of the default behaviors with the trial version work with my SlingPlayer application (version 1.0.3.201).

Can someone help me out with getting it to work or tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I have to create new behaviors myself? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

19.08.2007 22:08:01
Re: SlingPlayer 1.0.3.201
View

The version of the SlingPlayer Behaviour shipping with Remote Buddy is 
outdated. A new version that, according to other SlingPlayer users, 
works just fine with the new version of SlingPlayer, is available 
through its built-in Online Updater, though.

You can get the new version by selecting "Online Update…" in Remote 
Buddy's pull down menu (click on Remote Buddy's icon in your Mac's 
menu bar to get there). Please restart Remote Buddy after installing 
that update.

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

20.08.2007 01:53:04
View

No, its still no working... Is there a way I can check to make sure I have the updated behaviors? I checked for updates and none were found, restarted Remote Buddy just in case, but still nothing.

The only thing my remote does is open SlingPlayer after I switch to SingPlayer control in Remote Buddy and press one of the buttons on my remote. After that SlingPlayer is open, my Apple remote has no other functionality with SlingPlayer. 

User

20.08.2007 13:35:01
Re: Re: SlingPlayer 1.0.3.201
View

Please have a look in the folder located at

~/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy/Behaviours

Does it contain a SlingPlayer.rbscriptedbehaviour? 

User

20.08.2007 18:55:42
View

Yes, there is... The file was created and last modified on Feb 4, 2007. Is this the most up-to-date version?

Thanks for the help! 

User

21.08.2007 16:46:01
Re: Re: SlingPlayer 1.0.3.201
View

The enclosing packagehas the same date for both the old and new 
version as I merely replaced parts of their inside files.

You can also grab the latest version directly from: 
http://static.iospirit.com/static/objectfiles/file/94/SlingPlayer.rbscriptedbehaviour.zip

If it continues not to work for you: (if it's possible) could you give 
me temporary access to your SlingBox, so I can try to find and solve 
the issue?

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

22.08.2007 05:20:48
View

Well, I can now control the "Channel Down" functionality with my Apple Remote, but none of the other buttons work. I only have "Channel Down" functionality and the "Menu" button which brings up the Remote Buddy interface.

One thing I do notice is that when I click the "-" button on my Apple Remote, the Slingbox in the menu bar is highlighted blue as the channel changes. When I click anything else ("+", "Play", "Forward", "Rewind") the Slingbox menu does not light up and I hear an "exclamation" sound bit, that I'm assuming is the sound when an invalid command/key is used.

As for giving access to my Slingbox, that would have to wait for another 2 weeks as I don't have access to the network settings on my router to set up the port forwarding settings. 

User

25.08.2007 15:45:42
View

Just another suggestion from another Slingplayer user...my slingplayer works with the new version of remote buddy but I did have problems originally. At that time I did have success using the behaviour construction kit. You can watch the how to video on the site and it is pretty easy. Maybe give that a try to custom define the actions you want.