Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.09.2007 07:15:33
YES! Set up my Ipod Touch running Remote Buddy! Slight glitch though
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Felix,

Thank you for your hard work on the development of Remote Buddy Ajax Remote. Today I received my iPod Touch, and I immediately installed the RB software on my G5 Music server (only 433 albums at this time of AIFF(WAV) format rips on a single external drive).

Within an hour I had everything up and running.... I am a music lover not a programmer! I am still trying to understand what an Action is versus a Behavior. Still reading up on that.

My iPod touch is working fine as a remote for my iTunes. What a great convenience since my G5 computer is in a different room than my stereo system.

Unfortunately, I do have an issue: I CANNOT play a song using the Playlist category -- I've tried dozens of them.

What does work: Using the RB screen Music button, I can play songs using Albums, Artists, and Tracks. Attempting to use Playlists here is what happens: 
I see the Playlist name, and then navigate to the Song but the screen tap on that song does not play the song (while that same song is playable using the other paths)

I have read FAQs and the forum and didn't see this issue raised. I have rebooted both computer and ipod without any effect. Any other suggestions to have access to the Playlist category?

My ultimate goal is to have my ipod touch with Remote Buddy replace my currrent method of remotely controlling my music server which is netTunes installed on a MacBook Pro. The advantages of the MBP is full window of itunes able to easly scan playlists to see what I want to listen to next.

Again I want to say that I am very impressed with Remote Buddy's functionality (far beyond what I would utilize) knowing that this is just a beta version with inevitable improvements in store.

Thanks, Ed

System used: Dual 2.3 PPC G5/ 2.5GB Ram/ OS X 10.4.10/ iTunes 7.4.2(4)/ ipod touch: MA 627LL - ver. 1.1 (3A100a)/ Remote Buddy ver. 1.1

Last edited: 22.09.2007 07:16:50 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

24.09.2007 01:55:57
Re: YES! Set up my Ipod Touch running Remote Buddy! Slight glitch though
View

PLAYLISTS ARE PLAYABLE WITH REMOTE BUDDY, BUT...With some vodoo.

OK. To address my post above I decided to check out a few things, so I sat down in front of my computer display to view what was happening when the using Remote Buddy on the iPod Touch to initiate a Playlist (server side). I saw that the the Playlist was chosen in iTunes and in fact had started playing but NO sound was going to any speakers.

So....I deselected the extra AirPort Express (AE) connected speakers* leaving only \'Computer\' selected. After making this change, RB was able to play a Playlist. There were a few sound burps during this process, but after that I could access \'Playlists\' on the ipod touch. Then after a few itunes restarts and alternating between playing albums and playlists I returned to my original set up of having the the AEs selected along with the computer and Remote Buddy still was able to play the Playlists, as well as have sound from all connected speakers. Happy day!

*My Mac system iTunes set-up (config): My default it to have Computer, AE-1 and AE-2 selelcted. I think that the problem was that a third AE was selected in the Remote Speakers window, but that AE(#3) was unplugged (in the garage).

I doubt if any other users will have the same issue as I did. Just a touch of vodoo.

Regards, Ed

User

24.09.2007 11:41:02
Re: Re: YES! Set up my Ipod Touch running Remote Buddy! Slight glitch though
View

Hello Ed,

thanks for your feedback.

Remote Buddy uses just standard AppleScript to play back playlists, so 
I don't think that this issue is related to Remote Buddy at all, but 
rather a problem in Apple's iTunes and Airport Express that you 
stumbled over.

Glad you could find a solution, though.

Best regards, 
Felix