Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

17.01.2008 01:46:12
bluetooth headset as remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi, I've been enjoying Leopard's new A2DP (stereo) compatibility with my bluetooth headset (an i.tech clip http://www.itechdynamic.com/en/products_spec.asp?cid=1&pid=02050). I was surprised to find that it's on-board controls work as a remote for iTunes by default which instantly made me want to use it with Remote Buddy. It of course wont pair with the program, but I'm wondering if it's possible to trick it into thinking it's a apple remote as it has the exact same button configuration (6 in the same positions). Thanks for any help in advance.

~Akiva 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

20.03.2010 02:03:13
Re: bluetooth headset as remote
View

Meantime (two years later) the number of bluetooth headsets on markt and the number of people using this headsets is grown. I'm very interested to know if there is a way to use BT headsets as remote with Remote Buddy?

Thanks!

PS. 
Both BT headsets I use (Motorola S9 and Nokia BH-905) can perfectly work on iTunes. 

User

23.03.2010 16:57:46
Re: Re: bluetooth headset as remote
View

Thanks for asking.

I'm afraid all I can do is point you to the FAQ "Is hardware product XY supported or do you plan to support it? (FAQ015E0228)" at 
http://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/#faqtoc1

Sorry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz