Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.06.2009 18:02:43
Display which button is presseed?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Is there a way for Remote Buddy to display on the what button is being pressed? It may sound kinda strange but it would be helpful. I have built a IR to Blue Tooth adapter with the guts of a PS3. It works great but things get a little confusing when pressing the buttons on the Logitech Harmony One Remote that map to a PS3 Remote that map to virtual button presses on the Mac. For an extremely easy example can Remote Buddy pop up a window saying Button "Enter" pressed when I hit the "OK" button on the Logitech? I'm not looking for the name of the behavior executed on that key press. I am looking for a visual display of what button Remote Buddy is receiving even if it isn't mapped to a behavior or action yet. I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if it doesn't. If not, I know it isn't the author's responsibility to maintain this information but does anyone else know a way for the Mac to tell me what button is being pressed on the virtual PS3 remote? I'm starting to think I should have mapped the buttons before I ripped the guts out of the remote but it's a little late to go back now! Thanks in advance. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

25.06.2009 22:26:06
Re: Display which button is presseed?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
There isn't an easy way to do this right now. But it can be done in 
the next release of Remote Buddy.

You'll have to enter

defaults write com.iospirit.RemoteBuddy logButtonEventsToConsole -bool 
true

into Terminal.app while Remote Buddy is not running. When you then 
start Remote Buddy, it'll log button presses to the Console, which you 
can follow by watching console.log in Console.app.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz