Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

16.08.2009 11:46:51
'+' button on Apple Remote not working in Plex
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have a strange problem where the Apple remote works without any issues in Plex except for the '+' button. This works occasionally but mostly it does not. Anyone come across this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

I'm using:

Remote Buddy 1.14 
Plex 0.8.2 
OS X 10.5.8

Thanks for your help 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

16.08.2009 14:34:46
Re: '+' button on Apple Remote not working in Plex
View

Thanks for asking.

Have you changed your button mappings?

Does the + button work in other applications and RB's menu? 
(I ask mostly to exclude the possibility that your + button is 
defective)

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

20.08.2009 21:59:57
View

Hi Felix,

This is the really strange thing, the '+' button works fine in every other app I use apart from Plex e.g. EyeTV.

I have to admit I'm not very expert with Remote Buddy I haven't tried to do very much in terms of creating my own mapping, since Remote Buddy does most of what I want to do out of the box.

Having said that, a while back I did have a play with some of the settings. Among other things I wanted to prevent Front Row from appearing from the Menu button. Do you think I might have messed things up? Is there a factory reset option? How could I get rid of Front Row from the Menu button?

Thanks for you excellent response time. Always very impressive! 

User

23.08.2009 23:00:07
View

This is the really strange thing, the '+' button works fine in every other app I use apart from Plex e.g. EyeTV.

Thanks for the info. This should rule out a hardware problem as error source.

Having said that, a while back I did have a play with some of the settings. Among other things I wanted to prevent Front Row from appearing from the Menu button. Do you think I might have messed things up? Is there a factory reset option? How could I get rid of Front Row from the Menu button?

I can't give a general answer to this question. It really depends on what change you've made and in which place. The best would be, if you could make screenshots of Prefs > Mapping > Global Mapping and Prefs > Mapping > Plex and send both to me at info -a- iospirit dot c o m.

Thanks for you excellent response time. Always very impressive!

Thanks! And sorry that I couldn't respond faster this time.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz