Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

03.09.2009 02:21:57
Confused Quicktime (which one)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have upgraded to Snow Leopard and now I have both SL's new Quicktime Player and the old Quicktime 7 Pro (moved the Utilities folder). The problem is that Remote Buddy doesn't know which program to control. If I have the new Quicktime Player running and have change Remote Buddy to control Quicktime, it starts Quicktime 7 Player and then will not control either. If I start Quicktime 7 Player, open a movie and try to use the apple remote; Remote Buddy start SL's Quicktime Player and then will not control either. If I let Remote Buddy start Quicktime by activating the Quicktime controls; it start Quicktime 7 Player and still will not control it.

How do I tell Remote Buddy to only use the new SL Quicktime Player and ignore Quicktime 7. I still need Quicktime 7 installed to access some Pro features. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

03.09.2009 19:08:47
Re: Confused Quicktime (which one)
View

Thanks for reporting.

Support for QuickTime Player X has been added with Remote Buddy 
1.14.1. More info later in the Blog.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.01.2010 02:47:17
View

I have the same issue. I prefer using Quicktime 7 instead of Quicktime X (mostly because Quicktime 7 lets you control the size of .srt format subtitles it loads using perian). Unfortunately, Remote Buddy shows Quicktime X menu when ver 7 is running, and the the menu options do not work.

Any way to duplicate functionality/menu from one program to another? 

User

26.01.2010 14:36:27
Re: Re: Confused Quicktime (which one)
View

Thanks for asking.

Under Snow Leopard, Remote Buddy only controls QuickTime Player X and provides access to the new functionality of QT X.

Currently, QuickTime Player 7 is supported by Remote Buddy only under Tiger and Leopard, not Snow Leopard. Sorry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

16.06.2010 09:01:48
View

This is really not good, and it seems lazy. It'd take just a little time to give the option to paid customers. I use Quicktime 7 versus X because 7 will automatically play videos on my TV when I make it full screen, whilst X doesn't. I didn't purchase this product to not be able to control Quicktime 7 with my Apple Remote.

Please advise on when this will be fixed.