Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

07.09.2009 15:13:11
Feature Request: quick map entire remote as virtual
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I've been a happy Remote Buddy user for a while now, but through an unfortunate series of events I lost my remote mappings. I have a Logitech Harmony remote, and run Plex along with a few other apps in multi-remote mode. This presented a pretty big problem, because I had to go through all 10 remotes that RB receives signals for and change each of the 12 buttons to the appropriate Virtual Remote button. If I hadn't figured out how to use the keyboard, changing all 120 buttons probably would've given me RSI ;)

I'm aware of the easy default for plex - turn off multi-remote support in RB - but that doesn't help me because I need the multi-remote support for the other applications (primarily MythFrontend).

Would it be possible to add a function where an entire remote can be set to the relevant Virtual Remote buttons? Or if not, a way to disable multi-remote support per application? I have the settings backed up in the right place this time so it shouldn't be a problem for me in future, but it will make life much easier for future plex + RB users :) 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

11.09.2009 15:10:46
Re: Feature Request: quick map entire remote as virtual
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for your feedback!

I've had the same thoughts a few months ago and a development version 
of Remote Buddy is already taking this into account.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz