Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.10.2009 08:40:52
Movie Library empty after upgrading to 1.14.1
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

I''ve been using Remote Buddy on my Mac Mini (with Leopard) for a couple of years now. My setup is used as a mediacenter, where the Mini gets the movies, music, photo's, etc. from my Synology NAS. This NAS shares the content via SMB/CIFS. These network shares are created during startup op the Mini.

The Movie Library of Remote Buddy has been configured to use the network shares mentioned above, with both options activated (Search for VIDEO_TS folders via Spotligt, Perform directory scan for VIDEO_TS folders at the locations listed below). Off course all movies (either mkv, avi or DVD's) are store in the VIDEO_TS folders.

During the last years I haven't changed anything in this setup and it worked flawless. Until my last upgrade of Remote Buddy ..... Since then my Movie Library is empty, only showing "No matching items found". I re-created the network-shared, restarted Remote Buddy ...... nothing helped.

The same happened to a friend of mine who has (exactly) the same setup. After upgrading to Snow Leopard this problem disappeared for him so it seems Leopard-related. But I don't want to upgrade to Snow Leopard.

All help is greatly appreciated,

John.

BTW: I also uninstalled Remote Buddy (after saving the preference-files), restarted the Mini, re-installed Remote Buddy and put back the preference files again. But the problem is still there.

Last edited: 10.10.2009 08:41:51

Last edited: 10.10.2009 08:43:17

Last edited: 10.10.2009 08:43:54 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

23.10.2009 17:27:12
Re: Movie Library empty after upgrading
View

Hello John,

thanks for asking. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I somehow missed 
your posting.

What are you settings at RB > Prefs > Movie Library?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

24.10.2009 21:32:27
View

Hi Felix,

thanks for your response.

On my Mini I have a few aliases to shared directories on my Synology NAS. It are these aliases that I added to the Movie Library. It worked flawless for years until one of the last Remote Buddy updates came along ....

I also tried adding these shared directories directly to the Movie Library but this also didn't work. As mentioned before, a friend of mine had exactly the same issue which was solved after upgrading to Snow Leopard .... which I don't want to do (I like to keep Leopard).

I hope you have some clues or tips, Felix.

Thanks,

John.

Last edited: 26.10.2009 06:47:07 

User

28.10.2009 09:33:41
Re: Re: Movie Library empty after upgrading
View

Thanks for the info.

Remote Buddy's Movie Library uses OS X aliases itself. I'm, however, 
not sure whether chaining these aliases will work reliably.

Therefore, please remove your current entries from the Movie Library 
and instead of the aliases to the locations, directly add the remote 
locations you're using. Since RB internally uses aliases as well, 
you'll also get the usual benefits this way, including auto-mounting 
of the remote volume.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

28.11.2009 20:17:33
View

Hi Felix,

sorry about my late response but I've been on holidays and had a huge email backlog.

I removed the aliases and added the remote locations but the problem still exists. I hope you have some other good suggestions.

Thanks,

John. 

User

07.12.2009 11:18:26
Re: Re: Movie Library empty after upgrading
View

Thanks for your response.

Have you added the VIDEO_TS folders themselves to the Movie Library - or the folders enclosing these? F.ex. if you have a structure like this

My Movies/ 
My Movies/NameOfMyMovie/ 
My Movies/NameOfMyMovie/VIDEO_TS/

you should add the first folder (My Movies).

Other than that, I'm afraid I've run out of ideas.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

07.12.2009 20:08:07
View

Hi Felix,

the structure is as you described. I never changed it; it just stopped working after upgrading remote buddy.

And to make my point: meanwhile I upgraded to Snow Leopard and the Movie Library works again.

Thanks for your support,

John.