Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.10.2009 22:24:38
"Quit PLEX" action does not work
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all

After fiddling around with RB and a Logitech Harmony 785 remote as well as with a PS3 remote, I am able to control MythFrontend and Plex to a more or less complete extend.

Only one thing keeps me from reaching the minimum WAF factor for moving from test system to living room environment: I can not get the "Quit Plex" action from the PLEX behaviour to work.

My current setup looks like this: 
SL .1 with RB 1.15 and PLEX 0.8.3, MythFrontend 0.21-fixes

The setup should work like this: On boot, MythFrontend is started with a customized menu only containing TV (The recording stuff) and Multimedia, which actually starts PLEX, Mythtv stays in background. Then all other media is delivered by PLEX, which finally is closed again so that I am back at mythtv level.

So:

1) Can anybody help me to get the "Quit Plex" action to work or confirm that the action is not working? 
2) Give a hint to a possible workaround?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Joern 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

27.10.2009 04:49:29
Re: "Quit PLEX" action does not work
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I did a custom action using Applescript to quit Plex.

tell application "Plex" 
quit 
end tell