Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.11.2009 17:48:06
Plus and Minus button problem in Front Row
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am trying to set up Remote Buddy and have been extremely pleased with the product. The one challenge I am having is the Plus and Minus Buttons in Front Row. I am using a Harmony Remote with the Plex configuration (Multiple Apple Virtual remotes). I am not running Plex on my machine. In Front Row when I click the + and - buttons, The first click performs a single movement up or down. Every subsequent click results in two movements up or down. When running EyeTV I have not noticed this behavior. I mapped the buttons originally to the + and - buttons of the apple remote and then changed them to the up and down arrows on the virtual keyboard (with a single click). In both configurations I get the same error. I saw a previous post describing a similar issue with Plex, but Felix seemed to beleive that the problem was within Plex. Since I have not installed Plex (yet) I am wondering if this is a Remote Buddy issue.

Thanks for your time.

Configuration:

Early 2009 Mac Mini 
Leopard 10.5.8 then Upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (Observed behavior in both configurations) 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

13.11.2009 07:51:37
Re: Plus and Minus button problem in Front Row
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Please try with the original Apple Remote - or - the Logitech supplied 
Apple Remote profile.

If this solves the problem, you're affected by a problem of the 
Harmony itself. In a nutshell: the Harmony remote doesn't always 
recognize the Apple Remote codes correctly and then just replays them 
over and over, which results in several button presses being sent 
rather than just one.

More details on this problem here: 
http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/14320/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz