Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.11.2009 23:16:38
eyetv and plex switching
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I just started evaluating RB. My primary goal is to use Plex and EyeTv, and have smooth switching between each.

I basically have two issues:

1. Leaving Plex 
When I'm in plex and I activate a diff't behavior (e.g. EyeTV) the Plex interface remains open. It seems to me that I want to have plex hide (command+H) when I the Plex behavior is deactivated. Note that after I activate eyetv (and still see the Plex interface) I can go to the RB menu for flex and select show/hide and this hides Plex, so I basically want to automate this when switching from Plex.

2. Leaving / Opening EyeTV 
Right now, when I'm in EyeTV (say, watching Live TV) and activate the Plex behavior, live TV remains running (with audio still playing). I realize I could manually pause Live TV before activating Plex, but would really like not to have to do this. I see an option to "Pause EyeTV when changing behavior" in the EyeTV behavior but this doesn't seem to work. I see this thread [http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/13821/] seemingly confirming this but it is over 8 months old. However, it seems to me that what I'd really like to do is to close the live TV window (command+W) if it's open - and have the eyetv menu automatically open when EyeTV is activated (this seems to start the liveTV window).

More generally, I see how to use mappings to associate actions with menu buttons of specific remotes, but I'm not clear how I can add/modify actions to an existing behavior (like when a behavior is activated/deactivated) 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

04.12.2009 14:06:32
Re: eyetv and plex switching
View

First of all you should disable sound in EyeTV preferences and choose "stop playing when TV is in the background." 
And set EyeTV preferences to -> start in fullscreenmenu. I switch from Plex to EyeTV seamless without any additional actions or scripts. Iīdont hide windows I activate the respective application in fullscreen and the other application in background is quiet.

User

14.12.2009 00:21:52
View

Thanks for your help lord. I'm encouraged to hear that you can switch between plex and eyetv without any additional actions or scripts. 
Can you please let me know what you are specifically doing to switch from plex to eyetv? If I am running plex, and bring up the remotebuddy menu and select EyeTV->Activate Behaviour... I'll see the EyeTV titlebar at the top come to the foreground, but the plex remains in the foreground (issue #1). Are you perhaps explicitly quitting plex to leave it (e.g. selecting 'quit' from the remotebuddy menu while the plex behavior is active)? I'm assuming/hoping that switching between apps involves a single action (e.g. activating the new behavior) rather than two actions (quitting the active app and then activating the next behavior)

User

15.12.2009 10:49:21
View

Iīm afraid but I donīt use Plex anymore. I cant remember exactly my workaround. Iīm sure that the key element in this problem was my EyeTV setting. Make sure that you enable the fullscreen-menu box in EyeTV settings. When you are in EyeTV from from switching you will probably change the channel or search for a recording. This requires at least a menu action button. This should at least start the fullscreen of EyTV.

By the way I droped Plex due to the hundred of clicks needed for simple actions :-) It not really economic to puzzle for one saved click only to switch from a click-eating application. :-)

Additionl I have as a global action in Remotebuddy ; Quit current application (Command key+Q) linked to a long press minus button. This is for me the fastest way to save cpu power and change the app.

VLC in combination with iPhoto and iTunes (podcasts) embedded in the Iospirit menu is more seamless than the Plex puzzle. Ok I have to waive the Youtube feature and some other internetchannels but I dontīmiss them.