Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.11.2009 08:58:56
Getting voddler to work with RB
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi, I have an application that doesn't appear on map, menu or behaviour part in preferences. 
So I went in to Behaviour construction kit and made a scripted behaviour called Voddler and connected that with /Users/xxxxxxxxx/Desktop/Voddler alias (I just drag and dropped it from my desktop). I did actions and copied those to actions in behaviour and did the default mapping. After that i ran the "compile and testdrive scripted behaviour". 
I was hoping that my voddler would appear in my menu but it didn't. I tried to start it through "files" in the remote buddy menu but it didn't work. 
How do i get voddler to appear in my top menu and how do i get the behaviour to work. 
/Stefan

PS The menu adress in the consturction kit is top.applications 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

07.12.2009 09:54:21
Re: Getting voddler to work with RB
View

Thanks for asking.

The root of the problem here is most likely that you're using an alias to an application rather than the actual application. Automatic filling of application name, bundle identifier, etc. only works when you drag the actual .app bundle into the Behaviour Construction Kit. A Finder alias is a special file rather than a real filesystem alias, which will break bundle introspection.

Regarding the appearance in the menu: entries are only added automatically when using one of the built-in profiles. If you're using a custom menu profile, Remote Buddy's assumption is that you don't want it to modify it, so you'll have to drag and drop the Behaviour's entry to the desired location in your custom menu yourself.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

08.12.2009 19:45:23
Re: Getting voddler to work with RB
View

Thanks for your help. It works fine now!