Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.12.2009 16:19:27
DVD Player "Previously viewed" Pref
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Felix,

I like this pref - sometimes you want to watch where you stopped, sometimes you want to start at the beginning.

Apple prefs let you chose "Always Ask".

That is my preference.

However, when you launch a movie with RB, you don't get asked!

Can you help with that?

Thanks, RB is my favourite remote app!

Roger 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

07.12.2009 10:37:21
Re: DVD Player "Previously viewed" Pref
View

Hi Roger,

thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy just passes the VIDEO_TS folder location over to DVD Player using Launch Services. You should get the same result when dragging and dropping a folder on the DVD Player icon in the Dock.

From what I can see, the "previously viewed" dialog is only available for physical DVDs. :-/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

07.12.2009 12:51:39
Re: DVD Player "Previously viewed" Pref
View

Thanks for your response Felix.

However:

1.The previously played dialogue does work with video_TS folders not just discs.

2. If you drag the Video_TS to the DVD player icon then the movie launches and you do get asked whether you want to view from where you left off or back at the beginning.

3. If you launch the movie with RB then the option to choose flashes up briefly, then disappears & the movie starts playingfrom where you left off (that is my setting in prefs).

The behavior with RB is like what would happen if you dragged the folder to the icon *and then hit the enter key*

Can you prevent RB effectively hitting the enter key?

Brgds,

Roger

User

16.12.2009 15:42:47
Re: Re: DVD Player "Previously viewed" Pref
View

Thanks for your followup.

I had a look at the code and it's indeed handled differently than I thought.

Since there's no support in DVD Player to detect when that requester is open, I'm afraid, though, that it can't be handled at this point anyway, so I'll leave it at the status quo for the time being. Sorry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz