Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

06.12.2009 00:56:57
EyeTV with HDHomeRun Dual Tuner
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I use EyeTV with a HDHomeRun which is a dual tuner. However, I only utilize one of the two tuners as I simply don't have another available Coax feed. EyeTV does not recognize this however and will toggle the two live windows, even though one has no signal. I set up a custom action in Remote Buddy to open live TV window but 50% of the time it opens the wrong tuner. When I select open live TV window a second time, the other tuner opens and things work as expected. EyeTV doesn't offer a means to select which live TV window opens, it just toggles between the two. Is there anyway I can correct this in Remote Buddy? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

06.12.2009 16:38:00
Re: EyeTV with HDHomeRun Dual Tuner
View

I don't know a specific remote buddy work around but have your tried...

1. Go into the Eyetv setup assistant, once you get into the hdhomerun setup you can put "not used" for one of the tuners.

or

2. Purchase a cable splitter and feed both tuners. 

User

06.12.2009 18:34:10
Re: EyeTV with HDHomeRun Dual Tuner
View

That fixed it! I had been looking for a preference like that but didn't realize it was in the setup assistant! Thanks so much for your help.

As for adding a splitter, I currently run OTA to 4 TVs. My signal couldn't take another split without adding an amp, which I simply haven't bought yet.