Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.12.2009 18:11:33
Remote Buddy + EyeTV Remote + HDHomeRun + EyeTV 3 Software + Mac Mini
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

I would like to use the EyeTV Remote with HDHomeRun Dual Tuner. I understand that Remote Buddy is wonderful at using different remotes with EyeTV. I do have the remote that came with my mac and know that it does work, but I would very much like to use the EyeTV Remote than the tiny mac remote.

Can anyone provide me with the knowledge of how I may get Remote Buddy to work with my mac while using EyeTV 3.0 software and HDHomeRun?

I see Remote Buddy has a section under the "hardware" preferences for EyeTV Receiver and thought maybe I needed to purchase a separate IR receiver that was compatible with Remote Buddy

Thank you so very much!

Evan

Last edited: 12.12.2009 18:31:48 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

16.12.2009 10:51:47
Re: Remote Buddy + EyeTV Remote + HDHomeRun + EyeTV 3 Software + Mac Mini
View

Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy can only support EyeTV remotes that are supported by EyeTV itself and whose signals are forwarded by EyeTV to Remote Buddy.

Right now, EyeTV has no support for the IR receiver of the HDHomeRun:

http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1165&nav=0,83&languageid=1&group=englishdefault

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

16.12.2009 14:01:47
Re: Remote Buddy + EyeTV Remote + HDHomeRun + EyeTV 3 Software + Mac Mini
View

I proved a theory I had this morning after I read your response that even with a HDHomeRun Dual Tuner plugged in via ethernet and feeding TV content to my mac, I'm able to plug in an EyeTV 250 Plus via USB into my same computer and change channels with their large EyeTV remote.

So, is there a way to configure an "external" or third party IR sensor to act like the EyeTV 250 Plus hardware?

It's rather an expensive endeavor just to keep the EyeTV 250 Plus just for its IR sensor so I may use a full featured remote for recording and channel changing, but if it's what I have to do to completely switch to this kind of TV technology then it's worth it. I'm a user who no longer wants to pay for cable television when there's so much great content over the air for free!

* Edit * I found today ZephIR (pronounced zeffer) is a USB "IR Blaster" that works with EyeTV.

http://www.thezephir.com/ZephIR/Home.html

Evan

Last edited: 16.12.2009 15:53:08