Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.12.2009 14:38:46
Request: Make EyeTV behaviour dependent on viewing directly or recorded tv
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello

I would like to request a feature.

In the original EyeTV (short) pressing left/right results in 
(1) changing channels when viewing tv directly 
(2) fast backward/forward when viewing recorded tv. 
In the context of remote buddy this would imply building two behaviours: one for viewing directly and one for viewing recorded tv. I guess this is already possible using the behaviour constructionkit, but I would still need to switch manually between those two behaviours. Would it be possible to make Remote Buddy switch behaviour automatically depending on wethter you're watching directly or recorded tv?

I also examined the possibility to add fast backward/forward to the EyeTV contextmenu. However I couldn't find these actions in the menu section of preferences (though they are present in the mapping section). Am I not looking hard enough?

Thanks a lot. I have a Mac Mini attached to a tv in the living room and remote buddy makes controlling things a lot easier! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

16.12.2009 16:28:41
Re: Request: Make EyeTV behaviour dependent on viewing directly or recorded tv
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

There's a more efficient solution to what you want to achieve:

You can create custom actions for the left and right button that - depending on whether you view live or recorded tv - send different AppleScript commands to EyeTV.

Other than that, the default mapping is already pretty close to what you want: if you use it, you already do get rewind/fast forward on long presses and channel switching on short presses, though.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz