Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.12.2009 20:26:24
Wiimote doesn't control the mouse cursor
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

I just downloaded Remote Buddy and was able to easily pair my Wiimote with my new Mac Mini using the internal Bluetooth receiver. The buttons are working just fine, however the wiimote is not controlling the movement of the arrow/cursor.

Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but I thought this can be done without any external adaptors if I use the built in bluetooth module. I can't seem to find a solution in the forums or FAQ.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks, 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

21.12.2009 11:16:46
Re: Wiimote doesn't control the mouse cursor
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

The Wii Remote's IR camera - which is used to precisely track the position of the remote and implement the IR mouse mode - requires an active sensor bar (please keep in mind: the Wii's included one is not always on) or another strong source of IR light. It can't be used without.

Please see the FAQ at

http://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/#faqtoc2

entry

"The IR mouse mode does not seem to work - even if I point the remote to the screen or IR receiver. (FAQ015E0175)"

for more info.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz