Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.12.2009 10:59:57
Extra button press seen when waking computer from sleep (apple aluminium remote)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
When waking my minimac (10.6.2) with the new aluminium remote using the select button, iTunes always starts playing. It seems that remote buddy gets the second part of the two IR codes (play/pause), and think it is a play button. It is quite annoying.

Using version 1.16.

Br Tom 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

22.01.2010 23:37:22
Re: Extra button press seen when waking computer from sleep (apple aluminium remote)
View

Hi IOSpirit, 
Care to comment on this bug? Or the support inquiry that I also sent? 
Regards

User

23.01.2010 16:22:46
Re: Re: Extra button press seen when waking computer from sleep (apple aluminium remote)
View

Rest assured that you are neither forgotten nor ignored.

I'm just incredibly busy at the moment and usually only reply after I've had a chance to look into something in detail. In your case, I'll need to create a version of Remote Buddy with debug output and run some tests.

What I can already tell you now, however, is that both "Mute" and "Play/Pause" are mapped to the Select and Play/Pause buttons of the aluminum Apple Remote by default and that - unless you have changed that default mapping - these actions are the expected reactions to presses of these buttons. Right now, there is no code that ignores button presses that were used for waking up the computer, because the reason due to which a computer wakes up is not easily detectable.

I hope to find the time for a debug version and tests in the course of the coming week and then get back to you with the results.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

26.01.2010 14:29:46
Re: Re: Extra button press seen when waking computer from sleep (apple aluminium remote)
View

I've looked into this now and it in fact appears to be the case that a part of the IR code is not always received when waking up the Mac with the Apple Remote.

I'll see what can be done in the next release.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz