Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.12.2009 22:15:35
EyeTV Recording and Channel Lists Empty
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm trying to usw RemoteBuddy 1.6 and the Ajax Remote on an IPod Touch (3.1.2) and EyeTV 3.2.1 on a Mac Mini running OSX 10.6.2 along with an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station.

The Ajax Remote doesn't seem to want to display any of my EyeTV recordings or channels. I've reinstalled RemoteBuddy and it's preferences following the instructions in the FAQ. Disabling my firewall doesn't make any difference. RemoteBuddy and EyeTV are listed in the firewall settings. "Sharing" is enabled in EyeTV. The Ajax Remote displays my iTunes library just fine.

My EyeTV records to an external drive, pointed to by the EyeTV preferences. Since I had an old (very small) EyeTv library on the Mini's built-in drive, I pointed the EyeTV preference to that local library - and the Ajax Remote displayed the recordings in the local library. It still didn't list any channels, though.

I switched EyeTV back to the library on the external drive, and the Ajax Remote no longer showed any recordings. Setting up an "alias" on the internal drive for the library on the external drive also didn't help.

My iTunes library is on the same external drive as my EyeTV library.

Has anyone else had this problem - Ie., no EyeTV recordings or channels displayed by the Ajax Remote?

Thanks. RemoteBuddy has by far the nicest interface otherwise. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

29.12.2009 12:55:47
Re: EyeTV Recording and Channel Lists Empty
View

Thanks for asking.

Can you access the "Recordings" and "Channels" submenus in Remote Buddy's on-screen menu?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.12.2009 03:05:45
View

I can access the "Recordings" and "Channels" submenus with the Ajax Remote, but they're empty.

Today I reconfigured EyeTV to use a brand new archive on the remote drive, created a recording - and the recording appeared in the AjaxRemote menus.

Next I moved several recordings from the old Archive to the new one and after a lot of restarting eventually got EyeTV and the AjaxRemote to see those.

I still don't have any channels in the AjaxRmote, though. I let EyeTV rescan it's channels, which didn't seem to help.

I appreciate the help in the middle of the holidays!

- Tim 

User

30.12.2009 15:57:17
View

I moved the rest of the recordings I wanted to save from the old EyeTV Archive to the new one (both on the external drive), and arter restarting EyeTV they showed up in the AjaxRemote. So I think that problem is fixed!

I still can't get a channel listing in the AjaxRemote, though...

- Tim 

User

02.01.2010 18:41:47
Re: Re: EyeTV Recording and Channel Lists Empty
View

Thanks for the update.

Which EyeTV receiver are you using?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

02.01.2010 22:39:43
View

The "hybrid", bought in November, 2008.

- Tim 

User

20.01.2014 01:04:43
View

I have the same issue. I use a silicondust network tuner 
User

31.03.2014 02:30:45
View

I'm using a relatively new HDHR4-2US from Silicon Dust. Same problem with the Ajax remote: no channel list, no recordings list. It's the same behavior whether operate the Ajax remote from Safari on my iPhone or the Remote Buddy Ajax app from the Apple App store.