Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.12.2009 17:33:21
Help with Behaviour Construction
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am noob to Remote Buddy and am using it with Zephir. Zephir works great with no problems. I open RB Behaviour Construction Kit and and created many actions for my HD Cable Box and they all tested great using Applescript. Next I go to create custom Behavior so I name it, drag app (zephir) to bundle identifier (not sure why this is needed? when i specify app in applescript), check 3 boxes below, go to actions and add the actions created, then i go to mappings and make a few modifications for apple remote. I click on gear and select compile, testdrive and permanently install, ect... and i get a dialog box that says "Behaviour may be outdated or not new", do i want to install or not install. I get this because I have tried to install multiple times. I click on and install and get no verification that anything has happened and am not sure that I should. When i go back to RB prefs, there is not indication that my custom behaviour exists anywhere. Not sure what to do now since it is missing and I can't do anything with it. Now when i got to the Menu tab and select a context menu, all of my actions show up in the >actions>miscellaneous> in the Item Library.

Please help as I want to use RB Ajax menu to control everything IR. 
Thanks, 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
Developers
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

29.12.2009 19:45:41
Re: Help with Behaviour Construction
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

From your description it sounds like you have an invalid value in BCK > Behaviour Factory > [Name of your Behaviour] > Bundle Identifier. Since only Behaviours show up in Remote Buddy's UI, for whose Bundle Identifier the respective application could actually be found on the system, the bundle identifier being correct is a key detail.

The easiest way to create a Behaviour with all the metadata pre-filled correctly is by just dragging and dropping the application's .app bundle itself on the list view on the left at BCK > Behaviour Factory. Creating one from scratch and filling in all the information yourself is possible but it's easy to make errors here if you're not familiar with creating Behaviours.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz