Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

31.12.2009 22:41:24
Streaming itunes to itouch
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

I downloaded remote buddy for the solely purpose of streaming itunes music with wifi to my itouch. I followed the instructions detailed on your web site step by step, making sure that the streaming option is enabled in the ajax preferences menu, and that the password is properly entered in. When I go to library and press the blue icon on a song, all I get is the same icon crossed out and in grey color. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't understand what you mean by "if quicktime thinks it can playback the file". Am I facing a quicktime issue here? Any help would be appreciated. All I need to go ahead and purchase this program is the streaming feature to work properly.

Thanks,

Pau 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

02.01.2010 18:46:47
Re: Streaming itunes to itouch
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

The blue icon you see first is supplied by Remote Buddy. Once you tap it, that icon is internally replaced with a QuickTime element for native playback in the iPhone/iPod Touch's Safari browser.

If you get another blue icon from QuickTime, tap it to start playback.

If you get a striked through blue icon from QuickTime, QuickTime on the iPhone/iPod Touch has determined that it can't play back that content. Possible causes: unsupported file formats or encodings, the iPhone/iPod Touch are not authorized to play back the content (in the case of purchased content), etc.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz