Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

07.01.2010 14:19:13
Two remotes, two macbooks, separate remote initialisation?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Here Elzo from The Netherlands. 
I'm the proud owner of a macbook and a macbook pro. Both have the " white plastic remote" 
My wife works on the pro. I work on the macbook. I'm testing remote buddy and here is my first question. 
Two remotes, two computers means one has to separate the remotes. Remote buddy makes it possible to do this. BUT after putting my machine exclusively on remote 1, all kinds of weird stuff start to happen on the macbook pro after pushing buttons(music starts, scrolling in programs etc etc.) On the MB pro remote buddy is not installed. I can imagine when one installs remote buddy on the MB pro one prevents. But the same happens when I push on remote two.

Installing remote buddy on the MBpro is not an option. Is this an undiscovered bug or is there anyone out there with a solution for using remote 1 exclusively on one machine.

Much obliged

Elzo

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

08.01.2010 10:35:31
Re: Two remotes, two macbooks, separate remote initialisation?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

This is not a Remote Buddy specific problem. In all shortness:

- OS X has built-in support for the Apple Remote (although a very limited one when compared to what you can achieve with Remote Buddy)

- each Mac with built-in IR receiver reacts either to all or only one Apple Remote (or, optionally, a selection of Apple Remotes if you use Remote Buddy)

- if you pair your remote with one computer but don't make any configuration changes on the other, both computers will still react to one and the same remote

- if you don't want a Mac to react to an Apple Remote, you can either disable the IR receiver - or - pair it with a *different* Apple Remote (both can be done at System Preferences > Security - or - in Candelair)

Hope that helps.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz