Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.01.2010 17:14:33
XBMC Camelot and movie OSD with running remote buddy not working
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
XBMC released a new version around christmas called Camelot. With the previous version remote buddy was working excellent, but now there is a little problem with the OSD when watching a movie.

The OSDs purpose is to show play, pause, next etc. buttons and also video and audio settings, so a user can change the audio tracks or active subtitles during playback. 
If XBMC is launched without running remote buddy, this OSD is accessible via a long press of the play button during movie playback. 
When remote buddy is launched in the background, nothing happens and trying to reassign the long keypress of the playbutton to some other XBMC behaviour inside the remote buddy configuration doesn't help either.

There is a "show OSD" behaviour in RB which can be assigned to the play button, but this OSD is only for music playback and doesn't have the video/audio settings options as it should have (and as it has if RB is not running).

Goal: get (movie) OSD inside XBMC during movie playback with running RB.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using: 
MacMini 2.5Ghz 2GB RAM 
Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (All latest updates installed) 
White Apple Remote 
XBMC 9.11 Camelot 
Remote Buddy 1.16 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

29.01.2010 13:06:16
Re: XBMC Camelot and movie OSD with running remote buddy not working
View

I can confirm this problem. For now, I downgraded XBMC and will wait on Camelot until this issue is resolved. 
User

14.02.2010 09:42:37
View

As Felix did not reply on this topic yet and maybe others have the same problem, it's time to bump this post with a workaround which I use at the moment.

I realized that my desired OSD is coming up if I press the return key on my keyboard, but as I am in my bed when watching XBMC, that doesn't help me much. Fortunately I own an iPhone, so I just use the Ajax Remote and the Keyboard function to just send a RETURN to XBMC (just press Return + Send) and it will show me the correct OSD.

This is still very annoying, as I will have to unlock the phone, start Ajax Remote, wait for it to load, etc. etc., but at least it avoids killing RB or getting up.

Happy Valentines day! 

User

15.02.2010 18:09:11
Re: Re: XBMC Camelot and movie OSD with running remote buddy not working
View

Thanks for asking.

The OSD action sends XBMC's OSD action to XBMC.

The action "Navigation: Select (hold)" sends XBMC's "Play-Hold" action (as used by XBMC's built-in Apple Remote support) to XBMC and is probably what you're looking for.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

15.02.2010 20:29:35
View

That's pretty much it, thanks Felix - this solved my little problem. 
I guess I ran to deep into the "Show OSD" function, so I missed this obvious option - sorry :)