Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

18.01.2010 15:31:28
FrontRow as if no RemoteBuddy present
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'd like to have FrontRow to work as if no RemoteBuddy is installed: Single click on 'Menu' on my Apple Remote opens FrontRow, and FrontRow controls as usual from there. 
Then I'd use AJAXRemote on my iPhone for doing 'more advanced' remoting.

So I put the Activate/Deactivate action on the Menu button in Global Mapping of the Apple Remote. Then in FrontRow, clicking the Menu button to go one level up in the menu-hierarchy, will actually deactivate FrontRow.

Can I put RemoteBuddy in a pass-through state, so I can use FrontRow the default way for the IR Remote, yet still use RemoteBuddy for the AJAXRemote

Thanks, 
bart 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

18.01.2010 23:17:11
Re: FrontRow as if no RemoteBuddy present
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

So I put the Activate/Deactivate action on the Menu button in Global Mapping of the Apple Remote. Then in FrontRow, clicking the Menu button to go one level up in the menu-hierarchy, will actually deactivate FrontRow.

The right place to make this change would be at "Mapping > Default Behaviour". If you make changes to the Global Mapping you "hardwire" an action to a specific button as also mentioned in the yellow info text on top of the Global Mapping tableview.

Can I put RemoteBuddy in a pass-through state, so I can use FrontRow the default way for the IR Remote, yet still use RemoteBuddy for the AJAXRemote

You can. If you really want your Apple Remote presses to always be passed through - irrespective of which application is currently used, configure the Global Mapping table to match the table as seen on this screenshot:

http://static.iospirit.com/static/objectfiles/image/819/VirtualRemoteResult.jpg

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz