Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.01.2010 18:51:00
Menu position when I turn on TV
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm using remote buddy with a mac mini hooked up to a sony HDTV. whenever i turn the tv off and back on, the remote buddy menu is no longer in the center if the screen. i suspect it is because i've got my mac display settings set to 720p but the menu repositions itself for 1080i when the mac first notices the tv come on. i'm not changing any settings, menu just moves when you turn tv off and on again. is there a way to for remote buddy to reposition itself without closing it and starting it again? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

05.02.2010 13:11:09
Re: Menu position when I turn on TV
View

I have the same problem here with 720 p resolution. It depends on the resolution. When you change back to 1080 or similar the menu will be in the center of the screen again. After a restart of RB the menu is also in the center of the creen but it helps not for a long period. 
User

06.03.2010 18:47:40
Re: Menu position when I turn on TV
View

You could use an application called SwitchResX to force the Mac mini into not using 1080i.

My Pioneer 1080p set always want to go into 1080i, so I have to manually change the Mac to output 1080p, but SwitchResX does this for me now. It's also useful for switching between refresh rates so that I can watch film based material as well as video based material without any stuttering.