Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.02.2010 14:00:19
Is Remote Buddy Limited to only six buttons on any given remote?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

Is Remote Buddy Limited to only six buttons on any given remote?

For instance, I can get Remote Buddy to find my EyeTV 250 plus remote just fine but am only presented with six of the buttons on that remote for use in Remote Buddy.

Another for instance, the new Apple remote has seven buttons. If get one of those will Remote Buddy show me seven buttons I can use, or limit me to the original six?

If there are steps to adding additional buttons please advise. I am trying to get one more button for a total of seven into remote buddy to make Plex controls have a hard coded "stop" button and need that seventh option. We've been using XBMC on XBOX for many years and the family are just used to pressing "stop". I realize I could select that action for one of the existing buttons, but then I lose some other critical bit of control.

Thanks very much,

Drew 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

09.02.2010 15:46:46
Re: Is Remote Buddy Limited to only six buttons on any given remote?
View

Thanks for asking.

- Remote Buddy isn't limited to a fixed number of buttons.

- Buttons that are already mapped to a particular action at Prefs > Mapping > Global mapping are unavailable for mapping elsewhere. If a button is mapped there, choose "-" from the popup to make it available in other locations. Please see the yellow message at Prefs > Mapping > Global mapping and the Remote Buddy Help for more information on the role of the global mapping table.

- Remote Buddy supports all seven buttons of the new Apple Remote. Only exception: when using an Apple Remote with EyeTV receivers, only six buttons are supported due to technical limitations. For more information on compatible hardware and its capabilities, please see http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/hardware/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

09.02.2010 15:59:00
Re: Is Remote Buddy Limited to only six buttons on any given remote?
View

Thanks for the quick reply, Felix. I love this product and great support too. Good job on Remote Buddy.