Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.02.2010 02:49:28
Can anyone use Remote Buddy on Android?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'd like to move onto one of the new Android handsets. As Remote Buddy is run from the web browser I figured it could well work across platforms. Here's what support said:

"Both the iPhone and Android use a WebKit rendering engine... Remote Buddy's AJAX Remote officially supports only Safari browsers by Apple and is optimized for the iPhone's display size and the iPhone browser's features. It may still work on other mobile browsers."

Has anyone tested this out?

Cheers, 
Blakat 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

14.02.2010 14:32:11
Re: Can anyone use Remote Buddy on Android?
View

In order to avoid any confusion, here's the support reply in its entirety:

-- snippet -- 
Both the iPhone and Android use a WebKit rendering engine. Yet still, their abilities aren't identical and the last time I saw a comparison, Android's browser lacked many features.

Remote Buddy's AJAX Remote officially supports only Safari browsers by Apple and is optimized for the iPhone's display size and the iPhone browser's features. It may still work on other mobile browsers - but if it doesn't, we can't offer any help or refund and will not be spending any time making it compatible. Sorry.

The only smartphone that's officially supported by Remote Buddy's AJAX Remote is the iPhone. 
-- / snippet --

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

04.08.2010 12:27:05
View

Hi,

since I am about doing the same switch I just downloaded the android emulator on my mac and connected to the Ajax Remote Server with the Android browser (Android 2.2). The result is that it just works (tm).

Anyway, everybody can try this: 
Head to here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and get the SDK for your OS. Now run the "android" script in the tools directory and a GUI should pop up. You may configure your headset (Android version + Screen Resolution is definitely enough), start the emulator you just created, start the browser within the emulator window, enter the IP and port of your AJAX Remote and give it a try.

Cheers 
Thorsten

PS: @Felix, maybe you're interested in sending this to others in the forums asking :) 

User

06.08.2010 19:21:43
View

Yep I just did. 
It's working for the basics. But volume slider is not comp. 
I checked the sources and the scripting is embedded not open in de 
resources etc... 
I have contacted RB for helping with a more crossplatform kind of code 
for this part...