Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.03.2010 07:15:36
Disappearing behaviours
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I had successfully added three new behaviours using the Behaviour Construction Kit and everything was going well—until I relaunched Remote Buddy. Upon start-up I was missing two of the three behaviours that I created. The Behaviour Factory still has them listed, but they are definitely not listed in the "Mapping" section of the preferences. So, I again "compile, test drive, and permanently install" them, but Remote Buddy warns me that the behaviours are not new. If I proceed to (re)install my missing behaviours they show up with all of my original mappings in place. So it seems that the missing ones aren't really missing, but just not showing in the "Mapping" list, but this is a problem because until I recompile them the apps they control don't receive any control from Remote Buddy.

Any ideas? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

17.03.2010 16:14:46
Re: Disappearing behaviours
View

Thanks for asking.

Please check the values you entered at Behaviour Factory > Specification and Metadata > [Behaviour Bundle Metadata] Identifier.

This value should be unique for all three Behaviours.

If you use the same value for all three Behaviours, Remote Buddy will consider them multiple copies of the same Behaviour, look for the Behaviour with the highest version number and load only that one.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

24.03.2010 15:00:05
Re: Disappearing behaviours
View

Thank you, that did it.