Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

21.03.2010 05:25:05
Remote Solutions for Mac Pro
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi - I have a Mac Pro (original 2006 model) and I'm wondering what remote control options I have? Right now I have a dying ATI remote wonder which will need to be replaced. I'd purchase another ATI remote except their Mac software is pretty outdated and I'm not sure how much longer it'll be supported.

The Mac Pro has no IR receiver so I'd need to find a remote+receiver combination that will work. The Harmony remotes look really nice but I'm not sure what receiver to use them with.

My ideal setup would be a remote with plenty of buttons, that I could map to keystrokes so I could control EyeTV and Front Row. I'd also like to be able to fire off applescripts, etc

I'm a power user and I'm not afraid to spend time to configure everything. Cost isn't a major concern. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

23.03.2010 17:08:31
Re: Remote Solutions for Mac Pro
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

For the scenario you describe you'd probably want to get the Sony PS3 BD Remote. It has plenty of buttons and uses Bluetooth, which your Mac Pro most likely already has built-in (=> you can check in System-Profiler.app).

While you can configure Remote Buddy to issue custom keystrokes, execute Applescripts and more for every button of the remote for every application, you usually won't have to do that: Remote Buddy already can control over 100 applications out of the box.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz