Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.03.2010 18:44:44
PS3 remote buttons are backwards!
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
This is a minor but confusing issue, not sure if you're already aware:

The BLUE and YELLOW buttons in the diagram in Remote Buddy are backwards from how they actually appear on the physical PS3 remote (on *my* PS3 remote, anyway). Here's a photo to illustrate (screen's a little blurry, sorry):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/702860/misc/DSC06753.JPG

I'm not sure why this would be, maybe you used a promotional photo from before the orders of the colour were finalised, or if you took your own photo then maybe the buttons in Germany are different, or maybe Sony have just released a new model where they're swapped. Not sure. But i thought you might want to know anyway, because it took me a good 5 or 10 minutes to figure out why my buttons weren't mapping correctly. :)

In case you'd like to compare, this is the information for my PS3 remote:

FCC ID: CWTSAZY1002 
model: CECHZR1U 
IC: 1788F-SAZY1002 
region: North America 
MAC address: 00-24-33-9d-cd-a9 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
User

30.03.2010 11:29:41
Re: PS3 remote buttons are backwards!
View

Thanks for this info.

The image of the PS3 Remote shows the colors of the remote like it's lying in front of me right now. It's, of course, possible that Sony has released versions of the remote with a different color scheme over the years. My remote is labeled as model CECHZR1E, so the trailing E may stand for Europe and U for USA.

What would be important for me to know: 
If you assign actions to the Blue and Yellow buttons in Remote Buddy at Prefs > Mapping > Global mapping - so that it f.ex. reads

"Blue" | "Increase system volume" (in Audio & CD/DVD) 
"Yellow" | "Decrease system volume" (in Audio & CD/DVD)

on the screen - and you then press the blue button on your remote (the second from the right), does it increase system volume? And does the yellow button (the rightmost) decrease system volume? Or is it the other way round?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.03.2010 11:42:20
View

and you then press the blue button on your remote (the second from the right), does it increase system volume? And does the yellow button (the rightmost) decrease system volume? Or is it the other way round?

The button labels are mapped to the correct signals, yes — so if for example i set blue in RB to 'increase volume', my blue button will indeed increase volume. It's just confusing because when i'm assigning buttons i'm usually looking at the diagram to see where the buttons are placed, and it took me a while before i realised that the positions were actually swapped on my physical remote control.

FWIW i asked two of my online friends who have North-American PS3 remotes, and theirs are both the same as mine. So i think the E/U difference you mentioned might very possibly be it. 

User

01.04.2010 14:03:35
View

Funny thing I never noticed - you`re right with your US/EU theory, I actually have two remotes, the left is an EU-remote, the right an US-remote.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6202/57549209.jpg

Best regards 
Chris

Last edited: 01.04.2010 14:04:40

Last edited: 01.04.2010 14:04:49