Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.03.2010 21:22:41
Button issue using Apple Remote with Plex
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I have a white Apple Remote that I am using to control Plex. I have the down (held) button mapped to mute the system volume in all Applications. When I try to use the down button (not held) in Plex it does not respond. All other buttons respond as expected and the down button (not held) responds as expected in other apps such as Finder, Eye TV etc. 
Any suggestions?

thanks

paul

Running OS X 10.6.2 
Plex v 0.8.5 
Remote Buddy - current version

Last edited: 29.03.2010 21:27:32 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

30.03.2010 11:31:31
Re: Button issue using Apple Remote with Plex
View

Thanks for asking.

This is an issue that could occur in Remote Buddy 1.16.1 and earlier.

Please make sure you're running Remote Buddy 1.16.2.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.03.2010 17:46:54
View

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using version 1.16.2 of Remote Buddy.

I am going to see if the same issue happens with the Eye TV remote this evening (to check if it's an Apple Remote issue)

Paul 

User

30.03.2010 18:23:46
Re: Re: Button issue using Apple Remote with Plex
View

If you're using 1.16.2, please take a look at

Prefs > Mapping > Plex

and verify that the "Navigation: Up" and "Navigation: Down" actions are actually mapped to the buttons "Up" and "Down" there.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

31.03.2010 02:33:34
View

The Up and Down buttons are mapped to "Navigation:Up" and "Navigation:Down" for Plex.

It seems that if I map anything to Down(Held) then the non-held Down button does not work whilst in Plex with the Apple Remote (I tried mapping the "Mute" and the "Go To Weather" actions to the Down(held) buttons as a test)

If I use the Eye TV remote then the Channel Down button works as expected.

Is there anything else I can try? This is the last piece to get my setup working as I'd like.

thanks for your help,

Paul

User

17.08.2010 06:38:32
View

Hi,

I'm also testing out remote buddy, and having the exact same problem!

If i map anything to Up (held) or Down (held) in Plex, then the regular Up and Down don't work - in fact, they work sometimes, which leads me to suspect a timing issue, as though the service doesnt know how long to wait to see if a longer press is being performed.

There seems to be not enough of a window to register a short press before the longer press kicks in.

Any fixes?!

(rb 1.16.4, os x 10.6.4, plex 0.8.5)

Last edited: 17.08.2010 06:40:14 

User

30.10.2010 01:09:09
View

Has this problem been addressed? 
I'm also having this issue (MacMini: Mac OS 10.5.8, Remote Buddy: 1.16.5, Plex: 0.8.5, white Apple remote)

I have Remote Buddy set to run a script that launches the switch inputs on my receiver and then start Plex when the menu button is held (which works). I also have scripts to change the volume on my receiver when the +- buttons are held (which also works). The problem is that as soon as I assign a script to either Up (hold) or Down (hold) navigation stops work (it works occasionally but for all intents and purposes is broken)

I'm still on the 30 day trial, I *really* want to buy this program but I really need to be able to change the volume on my receiver too.

thanks 
bryan