Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.04.2010 01:56:11
EyeTV Number Keys + Save a Draft?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Two unrelated questions:

1) How do I program the 0 - 9 number keys into RB for use with EyeTV? I'm using a Harmony remote with RB and doesn't look like there are default actions for 0 - 9. There also doesn't look to be keyboard shortcuts for this either. Is it as simply as just sending the actual number key? If so I'm stupid for making this harder than it actually is... :)

2) Also going to start over soon. (I've been saying this for months I know but finally getting all my ducks in a row to actually do it!) Is there anyway to create "draft" settings that I can use in a "test" phase? Basically, I'm assuming I'll screw up my settings pretty bad and will most likely take me several sessions and multiple days of Googling and waiting on support replies to get it right. I need to be able to revert to my currently limited but working settings during my "breaks" so the remote is still functional for the wife. Is this possible? Any way to export the settings for back up so I can switch back and forth until I'm ready to "go-live" with the new settings?

Thanks all! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

22.04.2010 09:19:26
Re: EyeTV Number Keys + Save a Draft?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

1) All it should take is to create custom actions that send the 0-9 number keys. This will only work, however, if the TV window is currently the active window. It won't work if you're in the EPG window. It's only for this reason that these actions aren't yet shipping as part of RB.

2) There isn't really anything such as draft settings. You can, however, backup and restore your settings while Remote Buddy is not (important!) running. All relevant Remote Buddy prefs files are located at [home folder]/Library/Preferences/com.iospirit.*emote*uddy*.plist.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz