Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.04.2010 02:08:33
Replicating EYE TV remote button with Apple Remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I have just purchased a new Apple Remote (Aluminum) and would like to replicate the functionality of one of my EyeTV remote's buttons. 
I have EyeTV set up to mark recordings for commercials (using comskip) which works great. On my EyeTV remote I can use the button that Remote Buddy refers to as 'Live' to skip through the marked commercials. However when I set up my Apple Remote to map the 'Right (Held') button to the 'Live' button on Eye TV it skips to the very end of the recording, and not just to the end of the marked commercials. 
Is there a way to get this working properly?

thanks

paul

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

22.04.2010 09:39:36
Re: Replicating EYE TV remote button with Apple Remote
View

Thanks for asking.

If I understand you correctly, you're using the EyeTV Remote "as-is" (without Remote Buddy) with EyeTV. In this case, if you press the "Live" button, the action triggered by it is controlled by EyeTV.

Opposed to this, the "Live" action in Remote Buddy has no link to the "Live" button on your EyeTV Remote. The "Live" action really only does what's written on its tin: jump to the live signal (just like as if you select "Live" from the EyeTV's pull-down menu).

I don't know what EyeTV is executing when you press the "Live" button on your EyeTV remote. But if its an AppleScript or application that's being executed in reaction to this, you should be able to create a custom action in Remote Buddy that executes the same AppleScript (or runs the application via AppleScript) and subsequently map that action to a button of your choice.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

28.04.2010 02:11:13
Re: Replicating EYE TV remote button with Apple Remote
View

Hi,

I have solved my problem. I created a custom action for Eye TV that maps the right arrow keystroke to the right (held) button on the Apple remote. This effectively activates the Eye TV/Controls/Jump menu item within Eye TV and jumps to the end of a marked section of the recording, thus skipping the commercials.

paul