Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.04.2010 02:29:07
Plex problem
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

whenever I map the 'Mute system volume' setting to the down (held) button for Plex on my Apple Remote (Aluminum) I am unable to use the down (not held) button to navigate through menus in Plex. 
Can you replicate this? Is it a bug that can be fixed?

thanks

paul 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

04.05.2010 11:05:37
Re: Plex problem
View

Thanks for asking.

Which versions of Plex, OS X and Remote Buddy are you using?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

04.05.2010 19:50:44
View

Hi,

Plex = 0.8.5 
Remote Buddy = 1.16.2 
OS X = 10.6.3

thanks

paul 

User

18.05.2010 12:28:41
Re: Re: Plex problem
View

Thanks for the info.

Please try Remote Buddy 1.16.3 (just released) and let me know whether it fixes your issue.

The Plex Behaviour in the new release contains a work around: it ensures that the press and release events sent to Plex are sent with a greater delay. If it doesn't, Plex appears to ignore these events - which leads to what you observed.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

20.05.2010 01:47:05
View

Hi,

I have installed the latest version (1.16.3) and the issue does not seem to have been fixed.

paul 

User

25.05.2010 12:40:41
View

Thanks for the info.

I couldn't reproduce your problem but would like to further investigate what's the problem in your setup.

Please send screenshots of your settings at Prefs > Mapping > Global Mapping and Prefs > Mapping > Plex to info at iospirit com.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

24.08.2010 09:55:15
View

I'm actually having the same problem.

- Remote Buddy 1.16.4 
- Plex 0.8.5 
- OS X 10.6.4

The settings in Remote Buddy are default, and the Plex Behavior is also default, with the exception of one action: Up (held). No matter what you assign the "Up (held)" to, the single stroked "Up" gets ignored in the Plex menus (in the playback screen it still works.). 

User

30.10.2010 01:03:29
View

Has this problem been addressed?

I'm also having this issue (MacMini: Mac OS 10.5.8, Remote Buddy: 1.16.5, Plex: 0.8.5, white Apple remote)

I have Remote Buddy set to run a script that launches the switch inputs on my receiver and then start Plex when the menu button is held (which works). I also have scripts to change the volume on my receiver when the +- buttons are held (which also works). The problem is that as soon as I assign a script to either Up (hold) or Down (hold) navigation stops work (it works occasionally but for all intents and purposes is broken)

I'm still on the 30 day trial, I *really* want to buy this program but I really need to be able to change the volume on my receiver too.

thanks 
bryan

User

29.12.2010 23:46:47
View

I too am having this problem and although I have emailed Remote Buddy support I have not received a reply in 3 weeks. Have just emailed them again.

Is anyone from Remote Buddy here who can comment on this and let us know when it will be fixed. I'm pretty annoyed that having bought the software it doesn't work and Remote Buddy do not seem to be interested in fixing it.

Tom

Last edited: 29.12.2010 23:48:12 

User

30.12.2010 19:23:01
View

I too am having this problem and although I have emailed Remote Buddy support I have not received a reply in 3 weeks. Have just emailed them again.

Sorry for the delay. Please see http://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/150/11-days-ago-/ for the reason of my absence.

Is anyone from Remote Buddy here who can comment on this and let us know when it will be fixed.

I've just sent you a lengthy reply to your support inquiry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz