Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.04.2010 04:17:12
MPlayerX behavior not working and some questions.
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I followed the video tutorial examples to try and create a behavior for the MPlayerX using just arrow keys and space bar for play/pause. It does not show up in behavior preference / behavior.

I have some questions

- What are the different option for Menu Address, in Behavior and Menu Metadata.

- How can I create entries under Menu / Item Library for a behavior e.g. Toggle Screen under Quick Time Player, so that I can create entries in context menu.

- How can edit a exported behavior to add more options.

- Is there a way to clear Behavior Construction Kit data to enter a new behavior. Right now I am deleting all the old entries to enter a new behavior.

It is a lot of questions but I could not find this info documented.

Thanks

Joseph

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

04.05.2010 11:21:46
Re: MPlayerX behavior not working and some questions.
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Please note that MPlayerOSX and MPlayerOSX Extended are already supported by Remote Buddy itself. If you're missing an action, the best way to add it is to go to Prefs > Mapping > MPlayerOSX and then select "Custom Actions.." from the popup in the mapping table. Please see the Remote Buddy Help's "How-To" section for step by step instructions on how to create your own custom actions.

Creating a duplicate Behaviour for an application that a Behaviour already exists for is not recommended.

Regarding your questions:

It does not show up in behavior preference / behavior.

This can have three possible reasons (the first two are automatically excluded if you create a Behaviour by dragging the application you want to control in the BCK - as shown in the video):

- wrong or missing data under "Specification and metadta > Application Recognition" (especially the Bundle identifier) 
- an identifier under "Specification and metadta > Behaviour Bundle Metadata" that's not unique 
- you only exported your Behaviour but didn't load it into Remote Buddy (selecting the "Compile, testdrive and permanently install Scripted Behaviour" option takes care of everything needed)

Having said that, I'd like to recommend you not to create a new Behaviour for an application that a Behaviour already exists for and instead make use of the "Custom Actions" option that was created for the purpose of allowing the addition of new actions to existing Behaviours.

- What are the different option for Menu Address, in Behavior and Menu Metadata.

The following menu addresses are used throughout Remote Buddy: 
top.applications 
top.multimedia 
top.input

- How can I create entries under Menu / Item Library for a behavior e.g. Toggle Screen under Quick Time Player, so that I can create entries in context menu.

Be sure to check the "Action globally available" checkbox for the action you want to have available there.

- How can edit a exported behavior to add more options.

Behaviours can't be imported for editing. If you want to add actions to an existing Behaviour, please see my comments from the beginning of my reply.

- Is there a way to clear Behavior Construction Kit data to enter a new behavior. Right now I am deleting all the old entries to enter a new behavior.

You can delete any action or behaviour you created be selecting it and pressing the "-" button below the list view. To delete a Behaviour you compiled and installed, you need to remove it from [your home folder]/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy/Behaviours/ and re-launch Remote Buddy.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz