Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.05.2010 05:06:54
Movie Library not loading
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have been using Remote Buddy for a while now and have been really pleased.

I added a few new movies tonight and wanted to update the VLC movie library. Normally I just reboot the Mac Mini, when it comes back Remote Buddy loads and the new movies are in the list.

When I rebooted I saw an update for 1.16.3, so I updated and then it prompted me to restart, so I did. Then I had no movies in my movie Library.

I rebooted the Mini again and still no movies in the library.

I have been using a file share on another PC. I mount the volume at boot and then Remote Buddy has had no problems in the past finding my movies and listing them.

I didn't see any info in the release notes about Library changes.

I have normally never had to put anything in the Movie Library tab in the prefrences, but I attempted to put in the volume I am using with my movies, then restarted remote buddy, still no change.

Any suggestions on fixing this?

Where can I get a previous version so that I can downgrade and see if it is working again on the previous version?

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

21.05.2010 08:42:36
Re: Movie Library not loading
View

Thanks for asking.

No changes have been made to the Movie Library for quite a while - and 1.16.3 is no exception here. I can send you a copy of 1.16.2 by email, if you want, but I doubt it will make any change, since the code is identical.

By default, Remote Buddy uses Spotlight to find VIDEO_TS folders. I don't know, whether Spotlight is available for PC network shares. When adding a folder to the Movie Library manually, it's important to add the right one. If your VIDEO_TS folder has a path like this:

/Volumes/SomeNetworkDrive/Movies/Hello world - the movie/VIDEO_TS

you'd need to add this path to the Movie Library prefs:

/Volumes/SomeNetworkDrive/Movies

If you'd add /Volumes/SomeNetworkDrive/Movies/Hello world - the movie/VIDEO_TS, the "Hello world" movie wouldn't be visible in the Movie Library.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.05.2010 04:26:17
Re: Movie Library not loading
View

Felix,

Thank you for the response. I finally got a chance to dig into things further.

I uninstalled remote buddy 1.6.3 and I had 1.4.1 dmg still in my downloads folder so I installed that. My video library still did not populate.

I then checked another mac I use and verified everything was still working there and I have the same updates there. I updated that to 1.6.3 and it worked just fine as it always has.

I then went through your FAQ page and found the complete removal guide. I removed everything and then re-installed the 1.4.1. This time it populated the video library like it had before. I then upgraded it to 1.6.3 and everything worked as expected.

I am not sure why it had stopped working, but it is working again now.