Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.05.2010 03:38:46
Accessing Custom Actions in Menu
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am trying to create two extra Actions for VLC Media Player menus:

Audio Delay+ (Hotkey f) 
Audio Delay- (Hotkey g)

These are for controlling Audio Sync during playback. I don't want to create a custom action that is accessed by mapping to a button but instead I want to access them in VLC Media Player's Remote Buddy menu.

I have used the Behaviour Construction Kit and created, compiled and installed a Scripted Behaviour with these two actions but I cannot find them anywhere in Remote Buddy Preferences> Menu> Item Library.

Please help,

Thanks. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

25.05.2010 12:45:46
Re: Accessing Custom Actions in Menu
View

Thanks for asking.

Please make sure the actions are marked as globally available and that your Behaviour and that your Behaviour itself is set up correctly.

The much easier and as-designed way for what you'd like to do is to

1) create these actions as custom actions at Prefs > Mapping > VLC (please note: you don't actually have to map them to a button subsequently, you just create them in this place) 
2) check the "globally available" checkbox for these actions so they become available as menu items 
3) drag them to the place of your choice at Prefs > Menu (your actions are found at Item Library > Actions > VLC Player)

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

29.05.2010 16:44:42
Re: Re: Accessing Custom Actions in Menu
View

Thanks felix - you're a star!!

Simon Martin

On 25 May 2010, at 11:45, Felix wrote:

Thanks for asking.

Please make sure the actions are marked as globally available and that your Behaviour and that your Behaviour itself is set up correctly.

The much easier and as-designed way for what you'd like to do is to

1) create these actions as custom actions at Prefs > Mapping > VLC (please note: you don't actually have to map them to a button subsequently, you just create them in this place) 
2) check the "globally available" checkbox for these actions so they become available as menu items 
3) drag them to the place of your choice at Prefs > Menu (your actions are found at Item Library > Actions > VLC Player)

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

[standard mail footer removed]