Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.05.2010 10:56:02
Edit Behaviour in Launcher (Ajax Remote)?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi, I use remote buddy with my iPhone, a really great thing.

Normaly, for me the items in the lancher do fine- I need no more options, but I like the iPod-Screen-Display.

I use Eye-TV, Movies and Music.

I habe two things, which are not perfect for me:

1) Muting VLC, when switching to Eye-TV 
When I start Eye-TV and the switch for watching a movie, everything is fine- Eye-TV will mute, if it is not in the forground. 
But: when I watch a movie (aka use VLC) an the switch to Eye-TV, the Sound from the movie (VLC) is still running together with the sound from TV. 
I need just a mute or quit command in Launcher, which mutes VLC. Is that possible?

2) Visual Feedback while using music 
When I use the music from the Launcher, everything is working fine- but there is no visual feedback at the screen at all. I would be great to have here a screen with a note, or a music visualisation. Again, I need a command in the launcher.

Thank you for your help,

Alex 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

25.05.2010 11:07:31
Re: Edit Behaviour in Launcher (Ajax Remote)?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Regarding your questions:

1) I'm not sure I fully understand your requirement. But if you want to quit VLC and launch/bring to front EyeTV in one go, you can do this by creating a Custom Action that uses this AppleScript code:

tell application "VLC" to quit 
tell application "EyeTV" to activate

2) No actions can be attached or triggered to the switching of modules on the iPhone. Sorry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz