Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.05.2010 20:05:13
Button pressed creates activity funcion
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I'm using RemoteBuddy with PS3 BD remote. Is it possible to not create an activity when i press button on remote? My Mac is always turned on, but when i work on second computer i got Mac screen sleeped. Pressing any button on remote wakes it up. I disabled the "button pressess create activity" function in advanced options but can't see any diffrence, it still wakes screen up. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
User

27.05.2010 08:02:31
Re: Button pressed creates activity funcion
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

When using the PS3 BD Remote, the OS X Bluetooth stack automatically creates activity for every button press, which Remote Buddy doesn't have any control over. The option in Remote Buddy only has an effect for hardware that Remote Buddy provides its own driver stack for - like f.ex. the MCE or Apple IR receivers.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz