Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

31.05.2010 15:09:28
Thank you for this amazing software! Better support for Harmony One?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

Just posting to say thank you this emazing software. Without it my setup would not be possible at any level.

For anyone who is interested to know what is possible to do with this software and a Harmony One here is a video of my system: http://www.youtube.com/user/theminiharmony

I haven't even yet registered the software. Still using the trial.

With my experience here are a few request and suggestions:

1) Native support for the Harmony

2) Support for sequences of keys

On the second. The Harmony One supports the setup of multiple TV Channels and put in an associated icon (see the video how it looks when the Sky TV profile is activated).

The idea is that if remote buddy supported a sequence of key presses much like the TV or a Set-Box accepts, associated with a script, we could change applications like we change channels, with the added help of an Icon.

Is this possible?

Once again,

Thank you. Cheers.

Nuno

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

23.06.2010 10:44:46
Re: Thank you for this amazing software! Better support for Harmony One?
View

Thanks for your feedback.

As always, though, I can't comment on future features.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

29.07.2010 22:16:33
View

Nuno,

I just asked this same question! 
Hopefully this is possible. 
I used your walkthrough to set up my system thank you for that! 
I am currently using the 0-9 to open eyetv, iphoto, boxee, plex etc and then set up custom icons but I would like the option to do more then 0-9 and be able to press 9-5 to open one app and then 9-6 to open another.....

Thanks again

User

30.07.2010 07:55:02
View

Nuno,

I found a somewhat crude work around. I have tested it and it is working so far. 
I use 1-8 in global mapping for my apps and then 9 for stickies. Then I created some apple scripts. 
1-8 uses the same basic apple script: 
if stickies is open then open my app if it isn't open then pass thru 1-8 depending on the number entered and it also closes stickies then in the harmony software under favorite channels my app channels are 91-98 so first the mac mini opens stickies then opens my app. if stickies isn't open it passes through the number so I can use it for my favorite channels in eyetv.

Not sure if that makes any sense or not. I know you can create a file with an apple script so instead of opening stickies you could create a file and then look for the file. if the file exists then open the app, if not pass thru the number. and then delete the file once the app is open.

I still lose the use of 9 but atleast I do have most of my numbers available for favorite channels.

User

30.07.2010 13:30:01
View

Hi,

I've found another way that might be simple. It allows up for 91 (0XX) numbers mapped to actions. Or 729 different number (0XXX).

I posted an outline of the idea here: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?/topic/15332-miniharmony-unofficial-discussion/page__p__91784&#entry91784

On the next episode of my tutorials will explain it in more detail has usual here http://miniharmony.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Nuno

Last edited: 30.07.2010 13:33:00