Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.07.2010 18:33:37
Action for going to EyeTV EPG
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I want to be able to activate the EPG in EyeTV by holding the "Select"-button on my Apple Alu remote.

I've been looking for the piece of ActionScript that will tell EyeTV to show the EPG but I can't seem to find it.

Can anyone help me with this? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

29.07.2010 13:52:14
Re: Action for going to EyeTV EPG
View

Hi there,

I want to be able to activate the EPG in EyeTV by holding the "Select"-button on my Apple Alu remote.

I've been looking for the piece of ActionScript that will tell EyeTV to show the EPG but I can't seem to find it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Hi Jachobsen,

don't worry, this is quite easy. In eyeTV you have to press the shortcut "Command+G" to Activate/Deactivate the EPG.

Open the Settings in Remote Buddy and click on the Beahaviour eyeTV. Select the Button you want to use (In your Example: Select (hold) ). 
Open the List with the Actions and select "Own Action". Click on the "+" in the left Bottom of the Window to create and name your new Action. Define the Keystroke Command+G and close the Window. Now you can select and use your own Action. 

User

29.07.2010 21:58:24
Re: Action for going to EyeTV EPG
View

Hey what I did was make a behavior. 
1. key stroke---Shift esc (opens the menu) 
2. key stroke---G (selects the guide option) 
3. key stroke---Return (selects the guide)

this works very well and the guide pops up right away. I also have a "watch now button" and it selects the program then W for the watch option and then return to go to the show.

Just incase you have not used the keystroke option before you have to select the correct operation type or it messes everything up. Be sure every keystroke is set to "single key press between button press and release" once you are done just map it to any button on the remote you want.

Hope this helps.