Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.07.2010 16:06:53
iPhone OS 4.0 - login no longer saved?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all -

Not sure if OS 4.0 has changed default cookie settings or something, but since the update, the Ajax remote no longer saves the login when I check the "keep logged in ..." option. I now have to enter the password every time I open the remote "app".

Anyone else seen this or know if there's an obvious workaround?

Thanks. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

13.07.2010 16:27:11
Re: iPhone OS 4.0 - login no longer saved?
View

Thanks for letting me know.

It appears that iOS 4 saves cookies only when you open a webpage inside Safari itself. It doesn't appear to save any cookies when you open a webpage via a homescreen bookmark.

I'll see what I can do to work around this.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

15.07.2010 11:34:21
Re: Re: iPhone OS 4.0 - login no longer saved?
View

After further investigation, I can confirm that indeed, Safari doesn't store cookies sent from the server.

I've already found and implemented a workaround that'll be part of the next release.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.12.2010 18:33:13
View

Hi -

That was a very nice fix in the last update, and I greatly enjoyed not having to enter my password all the time.

However, it has stopped working. Did Apple do something in the later releases (I have iOS 4.2.1) that broke your fix? I now once again have to enter my password every time I pull up the Ajax remote.

Thanks!

- Dominic 

User

26.12.2010 21:24:07
View

Ok, it seems to have fixed itself, actually - don't know if that was something in my phone that got fixed after a restart or something in one of the iOS updates, but it seems to be working again.

Thanks again.