Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.07.2010 16:14:39
How to use the Virtual Remote Function with multiple logical remotes ?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Felix,

Great software and have happily paid for your licence.

I would really appreciate some guidance on your virtual remote function you described here in your blog and depicted in your commented gallery: 
http://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/131/Remote-Buddy-and-Boxee-Plex-and-XBMC/

I have a harmony one and have assigned it to ten logical remotes in Remote Buddy.

For Plex I would like to use the virtual remote function and have RB simply pass through the button press directly to Plex (or Boxee for that matter). However, when I choose the corresponding virtual remote function for each of the logical remotes this does not happen, ie nothing much happens in Plex.

Can I ask a basic question. Does the virtual remote pass through to plex the entire apple remote ID ? Or does it only work with one apple remote ?

Thanks for any pointers you can give me 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

26.07.2010 14:22:37
Re: How to use the Virtual Remote Function with multiple logical remotes ?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Felix,

Don't worry. I discovered the Remote Control Diagnostics program on your website. As noted in another thread Boxee will block everything if it's always on.

Thank you. Your virtual remote does pass on the apple id in the multiple remote scenario, which is what I wanted for my setup