Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.08.2010 22:22:50
Headless Mac Mini
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I would like to use RB solely to use the Apple IR Remote to control a headless Mac Mini. Therefore, I do not want RB to display a menu in response to key presses. I simply want a specified key on the Apple IR Remote to send a specified keystroke to a specified application, regardless of which application is frontmost.

I believe I'm quite literate re computers and generally, but I cannot figure out how to do this from the built-in Help.

Thanks for your help! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

23.08.2010 09:55:46
Re: Headless Mac Mini
View

Thanks for asking.

If you *really* only want to control *a single* application, you can do this by:

1) Creating the respective keystroke actions at Behaviour Construction Kit > Action Factory.

2) Checking the "globally available" checkbox for the actions you created.

(please see the Help's How-To section for more step by step instructions on 1+2, if needed)

3) Go to Prefs > Mapping > Global mapping and assign your actions to the buttons of your choice (your actions are available under the "Miscellaneous" category in the popup). To turn off the Remote Buddy menu, be sure to remove the mapping of the Menu button to "Open Remote Buddy menu".

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

03.09.2010 07:14:47
View

Hi. 
I saw this thread and i am up to the same Mac Mini setup.

What I want to do without having the monitor or tv on is change audio output source between HDMI output and analog built in speaker output.

Is it possible to directly map the "HDMI audio output" globally to one button on the remote and analog to another button?

How do I do that? 

User

03.09.2010 11:46:11
Re: Re: Headless Mac Mini
View

Thanks for asking.

There currently aren't any actions that allow changing the audio output in Remote Buddy. These changes can currently only be made in the Remote Buddy menu.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

03.09.2010 13:41:49
View

Hi. 
Thanks for your answer. My solution to the problem was to create a applescript which toggle the two soundsources. Then create a new behaviour with applescript and assign that behavior to a button. In my case pressing and holding the up button on the apple remote. 
In case anybody else have the same problem. Here is the script. Possibly you have to make local adjustments on it to make it work: 
Create a new behaviour and paste this applescript.

tell application "System Preferences" 
activate 
set current pane to pane "com.apple.preference.sound" 
end tell

tell application "System Events" 
tell application process "System Preferences" 
tell tab group 1 of window "Sound" 
click radio button "Ljud ut" 
if (selected of row 2 of table 1 of scroll area 1) then 
set selected of row 1 of table 1 of scroll area 1 to true 
set deviceselected to "Earphones" 
else